Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Book Review: The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks

For my review of The Black Prism, click here.

I just finished The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks (the third in his Lightbringer trilogy), so I thought I'd review the second. This won't be too in-depth because it's been a while since I read it. I've forgotten many of the specifics.

Overall, this is a very good book and a worthy followup to The Black Prism. We get to see how the characters grow and develop from what they were in the first book. Most noticeable are the changes in Kip. He becomes a much stronger character (and loses some weight). However, his storyline did drag a bit for me. There was a lot of training in magic and battles, which got tedious after a while.

The end of the book saved it, though. Even those training parts weren't bad. They just weren't as action-packed as I expected from Weeks. At the end, there was a massive battle. It was great, and the developments at the end definitely leave you wanting to read more. They're not quite cliffhangers, but they're pretty close (just so you're warned).

Overall, I really liked this book, especially the second half of it.

Rating: 9/10

You can find my review of The Broken Eye (book 3) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment