Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fantasy Reading List: The Thousand Names by Django Wexler

I read this book either late last year or early this year. I've since read the sequel. This is another gunpowder fantasy, but you'll find it's not much like McClellan's Promise of Blood. Wexler crafted his own story, focusing primarily on a military plot. In it, he gives us well-drawn characters and some good action, especially toward the end. At times, the plot bogs down a bit, but there's always some interesting mystery hanging in the background, as well as the promise of action.

This is a good read for fans of military fantasy, and for people who want to see some non-medieval fantasy. Overall, I liked it. It's not at the top of my list, but it's a good read, and you should read it.

I found I liked the sequel much better. Not that I didn't like The Thousand Names. It just took me a while. I might have a review of The Shadow Throne up soon.

Rating: 8/10



For my review of the second book, The Shadow Throne, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment